Here’s an experiment for software team leaders: a set of katas (things you repeat exactly the same way many times).
Let’s try to do the following kata once a day:
- Get out of your chair and lock your computer
- For each team mate that sits in your floor:
- Ask “can you show me what you are you working on?”
- See at least one technical document they wrote (source code, documentation, build script..)
- If you think they could have done a better job, challenge them to find a better way to do the job without giving them the whole answer
- This should take no more than 5-10 minutes per team mate but you can take longer if you like.
What other katas do you recommend?