JoelOnSoftware has a bunch of links under the heading of "Tech Lead".
I've read some of them, but for future reference I'll post them here as well:
- Two Stories
- Human Task Switches Considered Harmful
- Lord Palmerston on Programming
- The Development Abstraction Layer
- Three Management Methods (Introduction)
- The Command and Control Management Method
- The Econ 101 Management Method
- The Identity Management Method
- Evidence Based Scheduling
Hey Joel, if you ever read trackbacks, I want a guest post from you here!
The thing about Joel is simple: It's not like he's the world's perfect manager, and I wouldn't recommentd that you follow blindly anything he says. I woud however recvommend that you read some of the things he writes about this topic because
- He writes really well
- He makes good points
- He challenges you to think
so even if you don't agree, at least you came out a but more invigorated about what you do.